Friday, January 23, 2009

Giving Back

As of Lately I have been taking things off the Internet. Mostly advice, tutorials and colouring pages and activity Ideas. I then thought to my self, "Self" Someone somewhere took the time to get those Ideas or pages or what have you and post them on the Internet so that i could use them. So having talked to myself long enough to creep most of you out.... I came up with this.
I have a talent.... Its baking.
SO here is the birth of FAKE N BAKE FRIDAY.

It was a combination of fake it till you make it and listening to your so vain on the radio... any way painfully moving along, Here it is.


Photobucket


Easy Bread sticks

1 pkg or TBSP active dry yeast
1 Tbsp honey or sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tsp salt
2-4 cups flour

In a large mixing bowl soften yeist and honey in warm water. Allow 5 min to stand. Stir in salt. Add flour blending with spoon until dough pulls away from bowl. Divide into 12 pieces and roll out until 10-12 inches long. (I cut mine into 3 after this step and make little ones for the kids)
Place on greased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter or margarine. Add desired toppings

I use Garlic and sea salt in a hand grinder and then add Parmesan cheese. It is a hit every time. You can but the garlic and sea salt at sobeys...
I also do cheese and oregano and then dip them in marinara sauce!







Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. Do I need to let the dough rise at all? I'm assuming the oven temp is at 350. I plan on trying it out tomorrow with the girls. Jen Peterson

Theresa said...

You don't need to let rise at all and the temp is at 350!! It is too easy!

Dick Family said...

I love the name! ha ha...and the conversation with yourself...that made me laugh out loud...ha ha! I will for sure try those breadsticks! Awesome!

Kate said...

Thanks Therese! I was gonna ask you for the recipe the other day, but forgot to. Everyone here loves them!!