Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weak tummies need not read!

My kids love them... really really really love them. If they don't get one everyday, tears usually end up all over their cheeks. I really don't mind giving them one. It gives me time to sit during the day and I usually talk on the phone or tidy the bathroom. But yesterday was a bit excessive with the bath time, and I'll tell you why. Tana had....well... for lack of better words the runs. She has really never had them before.
Wow... did she make up for that yesterday. I was down stairs changing laundry when Layton yells out his morning report.... MOMMY TANA'S POOPY. So hearing this I finish my laundry and come upstairs... only to find Tana covered in it. Not to mention it was all over the floor, couch, and blankets ( great more laundry!!). So I quickly spring into action, pick her up and fly to the bathroom... leaving a trail of poop behind of course. I then strip her down and throw her in the bath and run the water. Layton then yells I want a bath too.... (Of course you do) so in he goes.
Then for the clean up. Thankfully Lindsay bought me a bissle cleaner for Christmas!! Well used already! I start on the carpets and move my way down the hall to the bath room. Now the machine is loud but not loud enough that I can't hear the kids. Why do I bring this up...well I didn't hear Layton get out of the tub But I did hear the laughing and splashing, which then I thought, not on top of laundry I now have to clean the bathroom! Well it turns out that Layton thought that Spot and Reuben( our two stuffed dogs) needed a bath too...
So I stopped the bissle and went to the rescue of our expensive and adorable dogs and squeezed then damp... (instead of soaking) I took the kids out of the bath dried them, dressed them and sat them on the couch with a movie, then I finished my carpet cleaning. After all this, I went to change the laundry..when I was down there, exhausted, almost in tears(mostly cause I had been up all night and going full force since 6am) I heard these dreaded, no HORRIFIC words... MOMMY TANA'S POOPY. And if you want to re-read the story again that is pretty much how it went...only no dogs in the water.
Any way the day didn't end badly. I booked 2 weddings yesturday and watched a movie then went to bed! OH and Inbetween the chaos I did get a pretty cute picture of Tana.... Naked. well cause I wasn't going to dress her for a third time. Which was smart I might add!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dick Family said...

Oh man, I sooooo don't envy you! That sucks! Hope she gets better soon! And YES...you did get an incredibly cute picture of Tana!!!!! SOOO cute!