Thursday, April 23, 2009

fake N' bake friday!!

Okay So I finally baked something and I took a picture of it!! And believe me it is sssuper (yes it really does deserve the triple s) yummy!! LOVED this recipe!!

Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate frosting!

Not only are these cupcakes light and fluffy, they are sooo delicious, with not too much PB flavor. But what really makes them super yummy is the frosting, It is so good you'll be dipping your finger again and again into the bowl. Seriously, best home made Frosting I have ever had.

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp bakin soda
1/2 cup Peanut butter
3 tbsp cocoa
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups 2% milk
3 lg eggs
1 tsp vanilla

mix all dry ingredients in large bowl them make well, add wet ingredients and mix on low for 30 secs, then high for 3 min. YES WHIP FOR WHOLE 3 MIN. If you don't the'll be really dence.
This makes 20-36 cupcakes... I always just have enough for 24. I like mine big!


Photobucket

Frosting

6 tbsp butter (marg)
1/2 cup cocoa use 1/3 for less chocolaty or 2/3 for more chocolaty!! mmm.
2 2/3 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
whip whip whip.....
makes 3.25 cups.
I usually 1/2 the recipe for my 24 cupcakes. And trust me I am generous with the icing!! ha ha
Although in the picture it doesn't look like it, they were for a 3 year old party!! lol...the less sugar the better! ha ha
With the icing, yellow sprinkles and a mini egg...(my fav)

Photobucket

My friend Holly showed me how to make these adorable clips for Tana's hair. forgive the pics she didn't want to wear them...but I made her! That makes me a great MOM right!! ha ha!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Dick Family said...

Awesome, I'm gonna give them a try tomorrow!!! Love the clips! I guess you did a lot more baking than just the muffins today :)

Ailyn said...

mmmmmmm..... those cupcakes look too good to just look at. I think i will be making those really soon.