Monday, November 3, 2008

Ode to Single Parents

I have said it once or twice since Lindsay has left for his course nearly 5 weeks ago. Being a single mom is tough. I seriously don't know how they do it. I having only a glimpse of what they deal with full time and I can say honestly....I admire every single parent out there.
The amount of effort every day takes, the fact that you can't get sick or take a day off, or even just an hour or two with out the kids with out hiring a baby sitter or relying on friends or family that are around to take them. The mental drainage you feel as a single parent far surpasses any fatigue I have ever felt before.
I KNOWING that this will be over in a few days and I am holding on...amazingly! (Thanks to my generous families and friends) There have been days where it its 3:00pm and I want the day to be over already. I have had days where I want to leave and never come back. Some days I don't want to leave home because it is way to much work, just to have a screaming child act up the whole time we are gone. I have endless nights of children's tears. Some nights are shorter but with children in my bed, one pulling my hair and the other kicking my stomach.
This life is one of solitude and inner belief. These people, these AMAZING parents, are truly an inspiration to me. If you know of one in your life, be good to them, call them see how there day went. Be a good friend, offer to take their kids for even just an hour and don't let them say no. They need the break. TRUST ME. They will love you for it!
P.S. Only 10 more sleeps until Lindsay gets home...HORAY!!!
I sure LOVE and APPRECIATE My husband more than he even realizes!

2 comments:

Dick Family said...

I completely agree...it is a lot of work! You are a trooper...you're holding up awesomely (if that's a word). 5 weeks (+10 more) is a long time!!!

ec said...

seriously.

keep on keeping on. you're doing great !