Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Forced Confidence

Since Lindsay has been gone I am feeling very confident in my abilities as a mom, photographer, Friend, and woman. I was curious why, when the man I love more than anything is gone, I feel more confident. Then I thought well It's simple...One less ball to juggle. It may sound rude, or maybe feminist. But it is the truth. Since Lindsay is gone I don't have to spend the later portion in my day on making a big meal, then cleaning that up. I also don't rely on him taking the children I just deal with the fact that I am the only one here to do it. ( I am going to have to remember that for when he is home!!! ) I only spend 1 hour TOPS on the phone with him at night (mostly cause he hates talking on the phone). Then after the kids go to bed, I clean up and do some editing maybe and research some stuff on the Internet for photoshop. I practise with my camera and then say my prayers read my scriptures then off to bed. It is sad to say but I am quite enjoying the time I have to myself at night and when he gets home.....well I have a feeling there will be an adjustment period we'll have to get through!! ha ha.
P.S. Just minutes after this photo was taken the popcorn bowl was overflowing with popcorn and Layton freaked out and pulled the plug out and accidentally pulled the whole popper onto Tana sending 4 little kernels down her shirt giving her 2ND degree burns. All before I could put my camera down and get them out of her shirt. She is okay and the burns are healing quickly.

1 comment:

Dick Family said...

I have to say...I completely agree and have been there done that! Isn't it weird...you spend the time before they go making yourself sick not wanting them to go, and when they go, it's like your body is on ultra mode...weird! Good on ya! Hopefully you keep enjoying this time and can get lots done! Let me know if you need anything though!